Whenever we go "on adventures," I always wonder what special blessings God has in store for us. On this trip there were several I could list. There were the afternoon rain storms - something I miss here in Arizona. The beautiful scenery goes without saying. And He gave us some special "critter moments." The bison was named Alice (my mother's name); it was my first bison sighting, and such beautiful eyes she has. The chipmunk allowed John to get within three feet of it and take this picture - then we found out why; poor baby was tangled in fishing line and had a small hook in its cheek. We couldn't do anything about the hook, but we were able to cut the line and allow it to run back home. At the final fishing place there were many more chipmunks who were eager to have any scraps left behind and scampered freely among the people. A bit later, a woman came by with her dog.....a Brittany Spaniel. Our family had no fewer than twelve Brittany Spaniels over the course of twenty-some years (there was a litter of seven pups in that number - it's not as bad as it sounds). Anyway - whenever we spot one, I always ask John to stop the car so I can "hug a Brittany." This one was eager for hugs, and it was a very special few minutes.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You and your critters! I'm glad you got to hug your Brittany...Scarlet could use a few so. I wish I could bring her to FL with us so you could give her lots of hugs and teach her how to kiss!
Post a Comment